- Caribbean Development Bank -- Coordinator, Micro Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Development
CARIBBEAN DEVELOPMENT BANK
COORDINATOR, MICRO SMALL AND MEDIUM-SIZED ENTERPRISE
The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB/the Bank) is seeking to recruit an experienced, dynamic professional to role of Coordinator, Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprise Development (“MSMED”). The successful candidate will be based at CDB’s headquarters in St. Michael, Barbados.
CDB is a regional multilateral development bank which was established in October 1969 to contribute to the harmonious economic growth and development of the member countries in the Caribbean Region and
to promote economic cooperation and integration among them, having special and urgent regard to the needs of the less-developed members of the Region. CDB began operations in January 1970 and has become a leading catalyst for providing development financing, technical assistance and policy advice to its Borrowing Member Countries (BMCs) for the reduction of poverty.
The Coordinator MSMED, reporting to the Division Chief (DC), TCD, leads the management of the CTCS Network, and provides overall strategic direction for assisting MSMED, utilising innovative approaches to MSMED in the Region. The Coordinator M SME D promotes knowledge-sharing (via new technologies) and the development of technical expertise in the Caribbean as an instrument for economic and social development in CDB’s BMCs.
The successful candidate must have:
1. An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and a postgraduate degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Governance, International Trade/Affairs/Development or other relevant disciplines.
2. Significant experience in MSMED at policy and implementation levels nationally or regionally with at least five years’ experience in designing results framework for MSMEs.
3. Experience in preparation, appraisal, implementation and the design of monitoring frameworks of MSMED projects.
4. Knowledge of cross-cutting themes such as gender equality, poverty/reduction of inequality, governance, disaster risk management and climate sustainability.
5. A sound understanding of relevant cross-sectoral areas, how they are interrelated and the ability to undertake cross-sectoral work in lending and non-lending operations.
6. Experience in budgetary control processes and management of staff.
7. High proficiency in the use of the Microsoft suite of products.
8. “Hands-on” multi-sector project experience.
The following are considered assets for this position:
- International experience in MSMED.
- A second language competency (preferably French or Dutch).
An attractive compensation package commensurate with these responsibilities and which responds to market demands is being offered.
Applications should be completed online in English at the Bank’s career page. Full Details of the job opportunity and general information about the Caribbean Development Bank may be application is April 18, 2017.