GOVERNMENT OF GRENADA
Ministry of Finance, Planning, Economy Energy & Cooperatives
Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries Programme Unit Coordinator
The Government of Grenada (GOG) has received funding from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB)
to embark on a six (6) year (2018-2024) – “Climate Smart Agriculture and Rural Enterprise Programme (SAEP)”, and intends to apply a portion of the
proceeds to eligible payments for which this invitation is issued.
The primary goal of the programme is to contribute to the reduction of poverty and vulnerability of men and women in rural communities in the tri-island state of Grenada.
The Ministry of Finance acting on behalf of the GOG now invites suitably qualified persons (National or Regional: Male or Female) to fill the position of Ministry of Agriculture and
Fisheries Programme Unit Coordinator, Government of Grenada/Climate-Smart Agriculture and Rural Enterprise Programme (SAEP).
Main objective/Role of Coordinator
The Ministry of Agriculture Programme Unit Coordinator (MoAC) will be responsible for: the efficient and effective delivery of extension services to beneficiaries, coordinating the activities of the Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) Component between the Programme Management Unit (PMU) and the Ministry of Agriculture (MoA), Grenada.
Qualifications and experience required:
· A university degree in agriculture, preferably with post-graduate studies on rural development, extension services and/or Climate Change.
· A clear understanding of rural development and extension methodologies.
· Demonstrated and solid understanding in Climate change issues and climate smart agriculture practices.
· A solid understanding of the agricultural and Climate Change institutional framework.
· Knowledge of institutions linked to agricultural development, Climate Change and agricultural research and marketing, their responsibilities, approaches and practices.
· Leadership skills and ability to operate effectively in a team and contributing positively to working relationships.
· Willingness to make on-site visits to beneficiaries and service providers on regular basis.
· Experience with the implementation of rural development, agriculture or environmental projects financed by external donors at a technical management position; experience with IFAD, WB or CDB financed projects is an asset;
· At least three (3) years of proven experience in extension services at a technical management position.
· Developing Terms of Reference and supervising contracts for consultancies and technical services.
· Liaising with public and private sector institutions at the technical level.
· Planning and reporting based on targets.
· Working in rural areas, particularly rural organizations and groups.
· Proven knowledge of social inclusion and gender equality aspects of agricultural and rural development and experience and/or disposed to work with vulnerable youth is essential.
Type of Appointment: Individual
Duration of Contract: 3 years (performance review on a yearly basis)
Duty Station: MAREP/SAEP Office
Lower Main Street, Sauteurs
Compensation Package: Salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience
Interested persons should send a letter of application and a detailed resume to the following two addresses;
Ministry of Finance, Planning, Economy
Energy & Cooperatives
MAREP – Programme Steering Committee
Ministry of Finance
Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries Programme Unite Coordinator: Climate-Smart Agriculture and Rural Enterprise Programme.
Applications should reach Ministry of Finance no later than 4:00 PM on Thursday 7th June, 2018.
FULL DETAILS OF THE SPECIFIC SCOPE OF WORK / TERMS OF REFERENCE ARE AVAILABLE ON www.finance.gd
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.