MINISTER OF FINANCE: Dr. The Rt. Hon. Keith Mitchell
PERMANENT SECRETARY: Mrs. Ophelia Wells - Cornwall
DEPUTY PERMANENT SECRETARY: Mr. Kendall Alexander
To effectively plan, generate, allocate and account for resources through the implementation of fiscal and economic policies and the facilitation of social and environmental policies in co-operation with other agencies thereby providing and enabling sustainable growth and development.
Efficient and effective delivery of finance and economic services to the national, regional and international communities, through strong leadership role in planning and management of the available resources.
The Ministry of Finance, in pursuit of its mission, has a wide mandate with responsibility for:
- Economic planning
- Debt management
- Economic policy formation
- Resource mobilization
- Cash management
- Tax administration
- Supporting decision-making processes in the public and private sectors
The Minister of Finance, Planning, Economy, Energy, & Co-operatives exercises general control and direction. The administrative head of the Ministry is the Permanent Secretary. There is also two deputy Permanent Secretary.
The Ministry is divided into the following departments:
- Accountant General’s Division
- Inland Revenue Division
- Division of Customs and Excise
- Central Statistics Office
- Government Printery
- Budget Unit
- Debt Unit
- Policy Unit
- Project Coordination Unit
- Public Procurement Unit
- Physical Development Unit
- Trade Unit
- Basic Needs Trust Fund (BNTF)
- Economic and Technical Cooperation
- Market Access and Rural Enterprise Development Programme (MAREP)
A Department Head, who reports directly to the Permanent Secretary, manages each department.