NO. 71/2017 DATE: 08th November, 2017
CUSTOMS APPEALS COMMISSION ESTABLISHED
ST. GEORGE’S GRENADA 8TH November, 2017: The Customs & Excise Division announces that the Customs’ Appeals Commission has been established and is in full effect.
The Commission was formally created in the first quarter of 2017 in keeping with Section 205 of the Customs Act.
It acts as an independent review body on reviewable decisions taken by the Comptroller of Customs and Excise Division to the dissatisfaction of a person or an entity conducting business with the Division.
The members of the Customs Appeals Commission are as follows;
- Anande Trotman-Joseph Chairman
- Junior Mahon Government Representative
- Rev. Dr Osbourne James Conference of Churches
- Patrick Bubb Former Comptroller of Customs
- Emmanuel Duncan Private Sector
- Alisha Thomas Secretary
Ms. Thomas can also be contacted at 440-6843.